Thursday, August 12, 2010

A new experience! :)

Well Tuesday I had a new experience...totally foreign to me, however, exciting!  It got the old adrenaline going, my heart pumping fast...and also a few more wrinkles I think as I cringed quite a few times at what came out of my mouth! :) :)

Tuesday I did a radio interview on my experience with grief.........OMG!!!  What a way to make you feel alive that was!

The night before I had nightmares about it and woke up from a restless nights sleep, hoping I wouldn't sound like an idiot, forget questions or just blah blah blah on.  I ended up doing all three. :)

Tuesday morning before the interview, I'll admit, I was a nervous wreck so I fuelled up on a vanilla latte from Starbucks with a tripple espresso shot and a Rockstar energy drink, took a shower then blasted the cold water at the end in hope of waking myself up enough not to sound like a crazy grieving person.

When my cell phone rang right on one p.m the adrenaline kicked in...I almost needed a paper bag to breathe into as I heard the DJ tell me..."10 seconds Diana then we're on.  10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....it was showtime!  I held my breath and the phone with sweaty palms and for the next sixty minutes, answered Rob McConnell's questions about grief, survival and life....as I paced my kitchen floor!

If you are interested, here is the link......you can be the judge, I repeated myself, lost myself,  however answered some questions that I hope will help anyone travelling this lonely, sad, life changing and often empowering journey of grief.

I hope if you decide to listen it will help at least one of you....even if its only one, then the stress I self imposed on myself will have been worth it.  :)  And if I'm ever given this wonderful opportunity again I know I'll be better, hey, it's all experience right???? :)

ps; today I enjoyed just water...I think my caffeine intake for the whole year was used up on Tuesday :)
wishing you sunshine today............Diana x


pss; my name should be on the left hand side if you arrow down...if you choose to take this mission, this message will self destruct in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.xzonepodcast.com/



.

5 comments:

  1. Diana,

    You crazy gal! I can't believe you put all of that caffeine into your body when you were going to get naturally "reved up" with that phone call. I think you did a GREAT JOB! I'd rather listen to you than to the "host", and those annoying commercials.....ugh. ;) You were SUPER!

    By-the-way, I wanted to tell you and anyone else reading your blog about a book I've been reading.
    "A Parent's Guide to Raising Grieving Children" by Phyllis R. Silverman and Madelyn Kelly.
    I'm finding it to be a very good resource and I think it can be helpful to anyone who has experienced a loss of family members or friends. It has also confirmed that some of the things I've done, have been good things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Crystal,
    Thanks so much for leaving your comment and stopping by...and for listening haha! I fast forwarded the commercials...sorry, should've mentioned that!

    You know I'm a crazy gal!:) I was feeling so tired in the morning and couldn't wake up so thought the caffeine might help...I'll remember your words for next time.

    Thanks too for leaving the info on the book that helped you...losing your daughter, I'm sure if it has helped you then it will help others. And I can see by Peytons smiles that you must be doing something extroadinary.....but I already knew that!

    Thanks again my friend, sending a hug in this message to you and your family.
    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana!!! WOW! I am so proud of you to have shared your story with all in such a sincere way. I am downloading the interview and will be back as soon as I listen to it fully. But before that, let me tell you that I am impressed!
    Cheers,
    Mitra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, what a great thing you've done by sharing your grief with others. You continue to be an inspiration!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by Missy and for your thoughtful comment...you keep inspiring me to keep going!! :)

    I loved your blog on how different we all are :) thats what makes the world go round doesn't it?
    kisses to your little doll Katie and enjoy Missy!
    with love
    Diana xx

    ReplyDelete