Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"The little red flags that remind us to LIVE!" x


My neighbor Renee often leaves me gifts hanging on the spikes of our front gate. Sometimes it’s her hand me down tops, or a sweet candy surprise for Dempsey. Yesterday, it was a supermarket bag jam packed with a bunch of old magazines.





And you may wonder where this is going; apart from the fact I have a generous neighbor! Well, while flicking through one of these outdated magazines I stumbled on what I like to believe is a tangible sign from…..maybe my beautiful Mum! The words on the page stopped me dead in my tracks! I ripped it out as a reminder!


You see one thing I’ve learned through my journey is to ‘take notice of coincidences,’ these so called random flukes or accidental occurrences that ‘just happen!’


A few days ago, I’d been chatting with a friend of mum’s who mentioned an old song she was listening to called “Angeline” by Joan Baez, how it reminded her of where we grew up together…..I’ve never heard of this singer, however today, as I opened one of Renee’s magazine's, you can imagine my surprise as this is what I found………..




The quote glaring up at me from the page is;


“YOU DON’T GET TO CHOOSE HOW YOU’RE GOING TO DIE. OR WHEN. BUT YOU CAN DECIDE HOW YOU’RE GOING TO LIVE NOW.’ - JOAN BAEZ

As I read this quote, two things popped into my head….”What a coincidence, and this is a sign from one of my loved ones!”

Before the death of my sister, mum and daughter, I wouldn’t have thought much of this coincidence……but after devouring many metaphysical books, I now believe these messages are itty bitty signposts that I am on the right track in life.

Now, I take notice of this so called phenomenon, it rattles my cage, jolts me back into the present and reassures me I’m on my true path in this life.

The books state these ‘coincidences’ are like red flags to guide you, to help you believe and to signal like a lighthouse beam that you are heading in your destiny’s direction. Whether you believe that or not, I heed these seemingly random red flags, that seem to be waving madly like a Flag Marshall at the end of a Grand Prix Race.

It’s not like my Mum can place a monstrous neon red flashing billboard on the freeway saying “Diana, it’s your mother…choose to be happy and live!” No I think these little subtle coincidences are really secret hidden messages sent to instill belief…to convince me and inspire me to keep going in this direction I’ve chosen.....on this sometimes twisting turning passage called life.

So in saying all that and now you think I’m completely bonkers, off my rocker and crazy (which I already knew). I tore out this Joan Baez quote and put it on my fridge to give me a little nudge, or a shove every day not to forget.





My fridge is full of photos, that prompt me to squeeze every bit of happiness and ‘life’ out of the day. And we do become bogged down with full washing machines of dirty clothes (I don’t iron anymore :)) and we waste time surfing the internet, and doing the mundane things instead of engaging in the important stuff.



This crinkled and worn "Words to LIVE by" is one of my favorites I read everyday...alongside the reminder that "Dull women have immaculate houses!" :)


So look out for the subtle signs that are bona fide, that can knock your socks off...they may just be a sign sent from heaven never to forget, and ALWAYS to believe!



P.S;  This is my gorgeous walking, talking, dimpled reminder to grab the good and wrap my arms around life....and choose to 'live!' :)

What are yours? x














4 comments:

  1. Diana :) huge smile from me as we watched a doco on Joan Baez just last weekend. It was amazing! She is amazing! The signs are there; we become the observers.
    Love the post! Seize the day! Love Chez xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chez!!!!

    Wow, thank you so much for posting this message...I see that right there is a sign!

    I can't believe you watched a doco on Joan Baez...for sure it's my mum and you are another message. I'm glad I have connected with you and hope to stay in touch!

    Have a great week in sunny Oz!
    love
    Diana x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Diana, I read your post on my blog. Thanks. I can't believe that you too have suffered so much. I so admire your determination to get the best out of your life. I still struggle so much to even get up every day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mirne,

    I know what you mean by struggling to get up every day....I still have days like that and when I do I let myself have that pity party that I need to have to work through my grief.

    Your babes are beautiful and my heart truly aches for your loss. I hope in time you can have some days where you feel like embracing whatever the day brings...it's hard work I know...

    Thank you for leaving a comment and stopping by...I hope my blog helps as reading yours helped me to remember to appreciate what I DO have... thank you!

    Sending a hug
    love
    Diana x

    ReplyDelete